During your prenatal appointments with your labour/birth doula, we chat about things like:
– stages of labour
– what your partner can do
– when to…. (call your doula, go to the hospital, etc)
– how do you know you’re in labour?
– the anatomy of what is happening in your body (hormones, dilation and effacement)
– decision making (BRAIN)
– setting up your birth environment
– what to pack in your hospital bag (and when)
– Birth plan or intentions/journaling/fill out handouts (if desired)
– comfort measures (breathing, positions, pain relief, physical supports)
– planning for postpartum
– newborn care
I am grateful to be on your birth team. Nothing is ‘a silly question’ or ‘maybe that’s too personal’ during these thoughtful and sometimes monumental moments. I look forward to getting to know each other better and building a relationship. Support can be and often is personalized.